Monday, March 3, 2014

Chhha chha changes

***Totally just found this post in my drafts, haha I didn't really read it just skimmed it, I guess I was waiting for pictures to post it? Oh well look at the pictures from my other post, and when the weather gets a little nicer, I will get out and take some house and property pictures***



So for those of you I have not told. November 8th was my last day of work. Well out of the house work! haha Yep after 4 1/2 years with Krause I turned in my 2 weeks and started my new life as a stay at home mama. We also moved 45 minutes Northeast, so we are really right on the Canadian border now. Like 1 mile away. We now live on a farm out in the middle of nowhere, well not nowhere, we are 5 miles outside of town but the town is pretty much just a border crossing. There is a couple of gas stations, 3 restaurants and a little grocery store. We are nestled up against the foothills and we have some pretty amazing views.

All of us are still trying to get adjusted to me staying home. Before Hayes and Shawn were at grandma care(my parents house) Hayes has been staying home with them during the days since he was 2 months old. Shawn has been there before and after school since he started living with us a year ago. We did live 3 houses down from my parents, so anything I needed they were right there, now...;( This is really the first time in my adult life that I have been on my own, well with Chris, but not at my parents all the time, for food and childcare, and everything else under the sun. It has been for the best but it is hard. I know my mom is just a phone call away but she can't just come over and help me on a moments notice. I think I am doing well though, we all have clean clothes and food, so I must be doing ok.

Oh and the first month we were here, I had no clue where my camera was, so I am just now getting around to showing you pictures of our house, and a few of life in general.

Hopefully I can get better at blogging. I did buy myself a laptop because I will be doing some work from home for a couple farmers. I really thought I would have more time to get things done staying home, but so far that has not been the case. Hopefully soon we can get into a routine and I will have some time to do things to I enjoy like blogging, sewing and baking.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi are you new around here? ;) hahahaha.

Ariel @ Dreams To Do said...

Congrats on the move and being a stay at home momma now!! So exciting!

Susannah said...

Your move to a farm and your stay-at-home mom-ness sound amazing!!! :-)

Nicole said...

You soooo need to blog because if nothing else, it's memories :) ha! I know right!

Little Mrs. P said...

I'm pretty certain I know exactly where you live...we crossed that border last weekend. I always tell Matt that I'd love to live in your little town. Beautiful countryside, the river, small town life (and you can get Tim Hortons right across the border...ha ha)

Congrats on your move! Hope you're loving staying at home!

Sarah said...

Welcome back my friend. :) Can't wait to see more pics of the house!