Wednesday, August 14, 2013

LeMay America's Car Museum

A couple of weeks ago Chris and I had a couple of hours to kill in Tacoma. Tacoma is a big city just South of Seattle, Chris and I don't do big cities! haha. So I texted the awesome Kristine who you know lives an hour and a half from Tacoma, haha. I don't know anyone who lives any closer to Tacoma, so anyway she gave me a couple of ideas, and we decided on the LeMay car museum.

The outside of the building the museum is in the Tacoma Dome's parking lot

The Popemobile

Some old oddball motorcycles when you first come in


One of the lower floors

A few more motorcycles
The top floor
Chris and I really weren't huge fans of the museum, there were close to 300 cars, but only like 2 muscles cars., =( Also it was $14 a person to get in and then $5 for parking. I don't know maybe that is just how much stuff costs in a big city. It was a cool experience though, and I'm glad that we went.

9 comments:

Happie Reading said...

thats an expensive museum entry fee! but it does look cool! So happy I stumbled across your blog. Its so cute! Hope you can swing by mine sometime... Annddd I am your newest follower! Hey-o!

xo,
Kelsey Belle

www.happiereading.blogspot.com

Sarah Alway said...

You gotta contact me the next time you're in town, girl! I could have told you lots of fun places and stuff to do. The museum looks fun though, I'm kind of a nerd for stuff like that. :-)

Sarah @ Life As Always

Anonymous said...

Bummer that it wasn't that great! Cory and I are really into muscle cars (who isn't, right?), but I feel we might enjoy the museum... I'll have go check it out sometime. So glad you texted me! I don't know why we don't talk more often :/

Kelly said...

Thank you so much for your sweet comments! My husband and I have been friends for several years but we started dating in April of 2012. He is a wonderful man and I am lucky to have him.

Joel and Jess Odell said...

Isn't it always a bummer when you expect something to be more fun than it turns out to be! Oh well, at least you can say you tried!

Also it seems you now know three people in the Greater Seattle area - Kristine, Sarah and Me! Crazy!

Jess @ The Odell Yodel

Janna Renee said...

Holy cow. That does sound expensive. I would have wanted more muscle cars too!

Kenzie Smith said...

That is so awesome you guys got to go check the LeMay Car Museum out! We've driven by it countless number of times and still haven't stopped. We really want to go though :D

Nicole said...

That's sooo awesome you went though. Bummer about the muscle cars thing though. If you ever go to STL, they have lots of free stuff to do :)

Angie said...

I'm not a big car enthusiast so it wouldn't be my kind of place but I'm sure my husband would love it!